About the CrLRR
Criminal Law Research & Review is an academic and social venture that works to assist the legal fraternity, provide a platform for mutual learning, create awareness, and influence academic, policy and social changes.
- The applications are open to all UG Law Students.
- However, we particularly encourage 2nd/3rd/4th-year students of the 5-year course and 1st/2nd-year students of the 3-year courses to apply.
Who are we looking for
- You should have an active interest in criminal law and allied fields.
- You should be willing to invest 4-5 hours every week.
- You should be interested in what we do. We suggest that you must browse through our website to know what about work before applying.
What you will be doing
- You will be working with the other members and volunteers on our initiatives including any future project we may undertake.
- The work generally involves reading judgments/articles, researching & writing on criminal law related topics/issues, reviewing documents, and carrying out any other task required in furtherance of our initiatives and activities.
- The membership positions are not paid.
- All our activities are planned to help our members and volunteers explore their criminal law interests and provide them with mutual learning opportunities
- Occasionally, you will also get opportunities to interact with graduates and professionals in relation to our work at CrLRR
- You will be given due credit for work that gets published. At the end of your term, you will be provided with a letter acknowledging your contribution to the organisation.
Application Requirement & Process
- Applicants are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Executive Membership Application | CrLRR’ Deadline: Sept 27, 2022
- The application should have your updated CV, a writing sample, and an SoP (format given below) [first round]
- The writing sample should be 800-1000 words. It should be an original and analytical piece. While we prefer a criminal law piece, it is not a requirement.
- SoP should address the following questions [200-300 words for each question]
- What made you apply for this role? [your interest in CrLRR]
- What are you expecting from your role in the executive team? [takeaways]
- Where and how can we improve our initiatives/activities?
- Second round: After initial screenings, selected applicants will be invited for an interview round. The object of the interview is to ensure that both sides are on the same page and know their role.