About the CrLRR
Criminal Law Research & Review is an academic and social venture that works to assist the legal fraternity, provide a platform for mutual learning, create awareness, and influence academic, policy and social changes.
About the CrLRR Blog
The Blog is an initiative of the Criminal Law Research & Review (CrLRR). The Blog solicits original & unpublished work from students, legal practitioners, and academics in the field of criminal law. We strongly encourage authors to submit original and analytical articles dealing with issues relating to criminal law and allied fields.
Who should apply to be an Editor?
- Applications are open to all law students, excluding first-year students of 5-year courses, enrolled in any Indian Institute.
- Should be a patient reader and passionate about criminal law.
- Should have a good command of language and an eye for detail.
- Should be willing to review 3 blog articles every month [editors are expected to continue with the board for a year]
- Should not have too many prior commitments and preferably should not be a part of any other blog or journal editorial board that accepts criminal law pieces (while this should not stop you from applying, you must disclose it in your application)
Application Requirement & Process
- Applicants are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Editorial Application | CrLRR Blog’ Latest by Sept 28, 2022 (extended deadline, earlier it was Sept 22)
- The application should have your updated CV, a writing sample, and an SoP (format given below) [first round]
- The writing sample should be 800-1000 words. It should be an original and analytical piece. While we prefer a criminal law piece, it is not a requirement.
- SoP should reflect on these two questions in 300 words:
- what made you apply for this role?
- what do you expect from this role at the CrLRR Blog?
- Second round: After an initial screening of applications, selected applicants will be invited to review a sample article. Details for this will be shared later.
- Third round: We will have a meeting with the selected applicants. The object of this meeting is to ensure that we (the team and the applicant) are on the same page and the applicant knows what they are opting for.
For any queries, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You may also reach out to us on Instagram